Assistant I (Hourly)
Highland Business Center, TX
ID: 7179657 (Ref.No. R-4913)
Posted: September 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Assistant I (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:Provides clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Performs office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Provide support for departmental operations and perform specific production duties as assigned
- Assist in the preparation and upkeep of shops/studios for scheduled classes.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- As required.
Required Work Experience
- As required.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:September 16, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.