Occupancy Specialist - Traditional Halls
ID: 7180146 (Ref.No. BSU39334)
Posted: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Associate Director for Business Operations on management of housing assignments for new and returning students in traditional or apartment communities.
- Work with Students and families in person, verbally, and in writing to resolve housing contract questions and concerns. Exhibit extraordinary customer service skills that meet the needs of each of our constituents and guests.
- Work with HRL staff on administrative processes including room moves, contract cancellations, residency exemptions, and appeals.
- Work with key campus stakeholders on specialty housing including Living-Learning Community Signature housing, athlete housing, break access housing, international students, gender-inclusive housing and students requiring accommodations for disability.
- Work with the Assistant Director for Fiscal Operations regarding student room and board billing and account adjustments. Calculate and enter room and board charges, refunds, and forfeiture penalties into the Bursar account receivable system. Coordinator with other offices as needed to serve as point person regarding any cancellation penalty inquiry.
- Maintain accurate data and critical stats regarding student occupancy, new contracts, forfeitures, and cancellations in order to determine data trends.
- Resolve procedural issues promptly via an understanding of the business practices workflow within the department. Assist in the de-escalation of situations as needed.
- Verify student registration status, track and communicate residency status and residence expectations to students.
- Support University Apartments through lease processes, billing of monthly rent, summer storage, summer contract addendums, etc.
- Utilize a framework of equity and justice in all aspects of their day-to-day work. Promote equity through the (1) identification and removal of barriers, (2) cultivation of inclusive work environments, and (3) empowerment of people.
- Support function of Business Operations through writing, running, interpreting, and dispersing housing management system reports and trends as needed.
- Provide expertise, guidance, training, and documentation on housing management system processes and procedures.
- Support summer and conference operations through bookings, conference agreements, summer and break housing agreements and other summer business operation processes and procedures.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the business operations area of HRL. Assist in answering phones and greeting walk-in clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predicted attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.