Animal Technician II
ID: 7180203 (Ref.No. hh-63839BR)
Posted: September 19, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position DescriptionResponsible for the daily care of various laboratory animals, including mice, rats, rabbits and/or other species of laboratory animals as necessary. Duties include cleaning, feeding and watering of animals as assigned. Other responsibilities include:
- Observation of animals for abnormalities and sickness and reporting such findings to the appropriate supervisory or veterinary personnel,
- Observation and reporting of deviations in the environment which would affect animal health or research projects (e.g. high temperature or humidity),
- Accurate record keeping of daily animal census and other information as requested,
- Complying with federal, state & local regulations concerning laboratory animals,
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Animal Care Facility Supervisor.
Basic QualificationsHigh school graduate or equivalent with at least 3-6 months experience in laboratory animal care required. Post-secondary education may count toward work experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required; must be able to communicate effectively with and relate to various personnel through the University.
- Basic computer skills required, including familiarity with navigating web-based applications.
- Eligibility for ALAT certification preferred.
This position is considered to be essential personnel for Harvard Center for Comparative Medicine. Weekend and holiday work may be required as well as attendance during school closures (due to inclement weather and/or other emergencies).
Offer contingent upon successful completion of a pre-placement medical evaluation.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.