Financial Reporting Accountant
ID: 7184564 (Ref.No. BSU39678)
Posted: October 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the monthly retiree health and life insurance auxiliary reconciliations and budget worksheets. Reconcile applicable fund manager statements to the custodial account for the Voluntary Employee Benefits A Trust and OPEB 115 Trust monthly. Track all fees charged directly and indirectly to the trust accounts. Ensure that fees charged are in accordance with current signed agreements.
- Review and sign-off on the reconciliation of the university's health and life insurance accounts monthly. Monitor all activity on these and related funds in the Banner system.
- Gather information to provide to outside actuaries in order to obtain the actuarial funding and GASB 74/75 reports used for the financial disclosures of Retiree Health and Life Insurance Plans and audit of the university's annual financial report.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial report disclosures in accordance with GASB 74/75 for the Retiree Health and Life Insurance Plans, and the fiduciary activity financial report in accordance with GASB 84, as well as other year-end schedules.
- Maintain business relationship with fund managers and custodians of financial institutions that handle university and trust funds in assistance to the Director of Cash and Investments.
- Review all finance security requests submitted through ServiceNow system to ensure requests meet all University security protocols. Set up and maintain security access for various University finance systems. Perform periodic audits to review security access levels.
- Perform various cash responsibilities, including uploading ACH files, approving bank adjustments, approving/releasing bank transfers, and reviewing/approving daily cash flow analysis.
- Serve as a backup for the Financial Reporting & Systems Analyst’s role on the ERP Maintenance Committee, which includes working with IT to run diagnostics and troubleshoot system and non-system errors experience by Finance users, serving as a source of information on Banner Finance to end users, and maintaining system settings, chart element tables, approval queues, and rule codes.
- Provide support with designing and implementing procedures in the Office of University Controller taking into account internal controls.
- Complete analysis of data for special projects using advanced Excel skills.
- Cross-train on duties performed by other Office of University Controller personnel to maintain efficient office operation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.