Mental Health Counselor
ID: 7187293 (Ref.No. 23O500114)
Posted: October 19, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Proof of the following will need to be submitted at the time of hire:
- Demonstrated related masters-level training
- Demonstrated 3-5 years of experience providing clinical mental health counseling, supervision, and crisis management preferably in a counseling center or group setting.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of mental health issues, psychiatric disorders, substance use prevention, and adjustment disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide individual, group, and couples therapy.
- Demonstrated skill in assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement outreach and community programming.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative environment. Experience assisting individuals in navigating care and insurance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement training activities for staff.
- The successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to supporting students across a broad range of identities and experiences.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy.
- The completion of a satisfactory background check and proof of current required certifications/licenses is required.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience with a university/college population.
- Experience and comfort working with college-aged students in a variety of settings.
- Experience working with underrepresented populations.
- Experience collaborating with agencies, departments, hospitals, and other community systems of care.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.