Relationship Dev. Manager
ID: 7188457 (Ref.No. hh-64182BR)
Posted: October 26, 2023
Position DescriptionAdvance global healthcare and save lives through data. As Relationship Development Manager for the Medical AI Data For All (MAIDA) initiative at the Rajpurkar Lab in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School, you will play a pivotal role in expanding our international data-sharing coalition. By onboarding new partners and fostering ongoing relationships, you will enable more rigorous AI research to improve medical imaging interpretation worldwide. Your work assembling diverse medical datasets will help assess AI model reliability and determine optimal deployment strategies across diverse populations and clinical settings. This in turn empowers the Rajpurkar Lab’s mission to develop AI on par with top-tier clinicians. You will collaborate closely with our interdisciplinary team of clinicians, engineers, and researchers, making you an invaluable team member advancing state-of-the-art medical AI. Read more about the MAIDA initiative here: https://www.rajpurkarlab.hms.harvard.edu/maida.
- Recruit new health systems and hospitals to join the MAIDA initiative for medical imaging data sharing:
- Conduct outreach to target hospitals and health systems, prioritizing those with diverse patient populations and imaging data.
- Deliver presentations on the benefits of joining MAIDA and provide detailed information on data-sharing protocols.
- Utilize existing relationships and contacts within the healthcare industry to identify promising potential partners.
- Conduct training sessions to ensure partners follow protocols for ethical data collection and sharing:
- Develop educational materials and deliver comprehensive virtual and/or in-person training sessions for new partners.
- Training will cover topics such as proper de-identification techniques, gaining patient consent, implementing safeguards for protected health information, and securely transferring data.
- Follow up with partners to address questions and provide ongoing guidance.
- Foster ongoing relationships with partner sites and negotiate contract renewals:
- Maintain regular communication with partner sites via calls and emails as needed.
- Provide continuous support to address any challenges partners encounter.
- Discuss renewal timelines in advance and negotiate contract terms favorable to both parties.
- Aim for high partner retention rates by ensuring their ongoing needs are met and value demonstrated.
- Serve as the main point of contact for new partner institutions throughout the onboarding process
- Educate potential partners about the goals and data-sharing protocols of the MAIDA initiative
- Advise partners in securing necessary approvals (e.g. IRB, legal/contract reviews) to share imaging data
- Provide guidelines and tools to streamline the data collection and de-identification process
- Perform quality checks on received datasets to validate completeness and proper de-identification
- Maintain regular communication with partners to address any questions or unique challenges
- Track partnership growth metrics and report on progress to the Rajpurkar Lab leadership team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in partnership management, business development, or relationship management
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and explain complex information
- Strong relationship building and partner management abilities
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Passion for advancing healthcare through responsible data sharing
- Existing relationships with medical imaging departments, hospitals, research institutions
- Experience with coordinating institutional review board (IRB) or ethics approvals
- Familiarity with ethical and regulatory considerations for sharing medical data
- Background in medical imaging technology and standards
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
Additional InformationThis is a one-year term position from the date of hire, with the possibility of extension, contingent upon work performance and continued funding to support the position.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! (https://www.gem.com ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.