ID: 7188458 (Ref.No. hh-64167BR)
Posted: October 26, 2023
Position DescriptionAs a member of the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) team, the Operations Analyst will take an active role in analyzing and recommending enhancements to our work in concert with the Director of Data Strategy and Digital Innovation. Work is non-routine and complex, involving high levels of analytical work within OFA. This person manages strategic initiatives, projects, and activities that support the effective and efficient recruitment, retention, academic advancement, and career satisfaction of our diverse faculty.
This position reports to the Director of Data Strategy and Digital Innovation and works closely with the HMS Information and Technology Business Analyst.
- Work with the data analytics team to uncover opportunities for efficiency
- Analyze workflows and work processes to identify opportunities for efficiency
- Effectively frame critical issues and propose work plans to influence enhancements to workflows
- Use contemporary expertise to question, review and solve hindrances to the improvement of OFA operations
- Track and manage the timeline of various projects and initiatives
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met for identified projects
- Perform internal policy review and revision to influence best practice standards
- Perform Ad hoc project management
- Work with different software to pull, interpret, and compare data. Use data analysis to diagnose deficiencies in operations
- Analytic support for OFA to improve the faculty experience
- Ongoing decision support for operational improvement efforts and business analysis and development
- Routine reporting to monitor the success of improvement efforts
- Support of the balanced scorecard program and related reporting
Typical Core Duties:
- Work at a high level within a team on most phases of service analysis and consider the business implications of recommendations to the current and future business environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and implications of changes
- Conduct gap analysis, and identify feasible alternative solutions that meet defined business objectives
- Participate in the development of plans and policies for OFA
- Abide by and follow the Harvard Medical School OFA standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and SkillsThe following Additional Qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills: technical writing ability preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, and advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, particularly with respect to new systems and processes
- Direct experience with business analysis tools and techniques
- Solid understanding and demonstrated use of iterative development (preferably Agile)
- Service mindset approach and ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, especially with the ability to manage and track a large number of details and facts and understand how each detail fits into the "big picture"
- Background in the fast-paced, high-volume environment; demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment, including measured risks and timely escalation
Additional InformationThis position is based in Boston, but the work may be done primarily remote. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.