Theatre Production, Technical Director
ID: 7189630 (Ref.No. 23O300097)
Posted: October 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Among the key responsibilities are the following:
- Team closely with the Director of Performance Production Management, Lighting Director, design faculty and university Facilities Management.
- Monitor the scene shops, storage, and performance spaces.
- Develop construction and installation drawings and rigging plans.
- Maintain production materials and supplies.
- Deliver scenic elements safely and in adherence to schedule and budget.
- Supervise student carpentry staff and student assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience as a Theatre Technical professional aligned with the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated Carpentry and rigging.
- Demonstrated Computer Aided Drafting.
- Ability to interpret designers’ work.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with all individuals at a professional level at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and supervise staff and students.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and the ability to approach challenges collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work efficiently with overlapping productions.
- Ability and comfort working in high spaces from ladders and aerial lifts.
- Ability to safely handle objects in excess of 50lbs.
- Satisfactory background and/or DMV checks required
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- M.F.A. in Technical Direction or related field.
- Technical director in an academic setting.
- Automation and mechanical drive systems.
- ETCP certified
- First Aid Training
- Metal working and welding skills.
- Certified to operate aerial lifts.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.