Public Safety Officer
ID: 7191286 (Ref.No. 24N151014)
Posted: November 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider provides a generous tuition remission benefit to its employees to further their own education and, in many cases, their dependents’ as well. For additional information regarding our Benefits visit Benefits | Rider University
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year law enforcement, security, military or firefighting experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain within one year, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must possess the following: demonstrated ability to work well with others and under both direct and indirect supervision; excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure; a high degree of dedication, honesty, and objectivity; computer literacy; ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.; and willingness and ability to work flexible hours and voluntary and involuntary overtime.
- The completion of a satisfactory background is required. Individuals must possess a valid driver’s license which is in good standing.
This position has been deemed “essential” by the University to ensure the continuation of critical University operations, attend to the needs of students and others, and protect the University’s assets during an emergency or when the University has closed or suspended operations. University employees designated as “essential” personnel must remain on duty or report to work as regularly scheduled to avoid interruption of essential services unless directed or permitted to do otherwise, as indicated by their department supervisor.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- College degree and a minimum of two years security training with police training preferred.
- First responder or EMT certification.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.