ID: 7191364 (Ref.No. ej-4759654)
Posted: November 3, 2023
Job ID: 265275
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Augusta University -
Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
Our Summerville Campus: 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904
This position will perform under supervision of a Program Director or Department Administrator, it will manage and oversee the administrative support functions for educational and trainee programs, for graduate and post-doctoral fellows. Performs a variety of responsible administrative duties, including planning, budgeting, providing oversight to selection of program participants, and monitoring of participant progress.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the development, planning and coordination of the training program within a department.
- Oversees administration of educational exams, provides support, and ensures all administrative requirements are met. Helps run and schedule programmatic and organizational meetings.
- Manages educational support staff; interview, select and evaluate office personnel: maintain personnel records and leave absences.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of program participants to include personnel records, leave of absences, personnel policy issues. Develops, organizes and directs recruitment activities; identifies eligible participants; may or may not include extensive and overnight travel for interviewing/recruitment; counsels participants on financial aid/loan deferral opportunities.
- Develops program management systems to include curriculum and lecture scheduling. Works with the program director for all course revisions, scheduling etc. Develop, coordinate, and plan annual educational program participant orientation, graduation, and extracurricular activities.
- Administer and manage the policy implementation of all rules, regulations and prescripts regulating educational programs; reviews participants requirements such as, credentialing course credit requirements, completion of all essential training, candidacy exams etc. Supports trainees to ensure compliance with visa and HR regulations for trainees.
- Maintain informational database system for various reporting purposes and curriculum inventory.
- Manage coordination and authorization of educational program budgets and expenditures to include recruitment, coordination with Graduate Medical Education (GME), and coordination with other corresponding accounts to reconcile all accounts and expenditures.
- Manages evaluation system to include participant evaluation, grade reporting; coordinates participant file maintenance; monitor and counsel program participants when needed.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year in an administrative support role.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational and critical thinking skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday
Pay Grade: 13
Salary Minimum: $16.19 - Midpoint: $21.85
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 11/2/23 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/ Search Job Opening ID: 265275
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=265275&PostingSeq=1