Administrative Assistant 2
ID: 7191368 (Ref.No. ej-4759841)
Posted: November 3, 2023
Administrative Assistant 2
Job ID: 265313
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Our Health Sciences Campus:
1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
Our Summerville Campus:
2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904
The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University, we provide dental education to the next generation of professionals by offering hands-on education through innovative research, patient care, and service. Join other dental providers to improve the oral health of Georgia and beyond. The DCG was founded to provide the people of Georgia with quality dental care by educating students in dentistry. As a patient, you have the option to receive treatment in one of our three different practice models consisting of student clinics, resident care, or in the faculty practice. All dental treatments can be completed by the specialists in our facility. We also serve patients in more than 20 clinics across Georgia.
Deliver advanced administrative support to the Director and Assistant Dean of Admissions. Manage student applications in WebAdmit & Banner to include gathering required student applicant supporting documentation and preparing for admission committee meetings (subcommittee A and/or B) when necessary. Support freshman. Schedule interviews for Admissions Committee members to include up to 40 members and assign them to an applicant for interview. Submit travel requests & expenses statements for the Director's recruitment efforts and the Assistant Dean's travel to meetings. Prepare acceptance & orientation information/events to incoming freshman students. Answer phone, greet visitors for Admissions Office, schedule applicant counseling and advisement sessions for Assistant Dean & Director of Admissions and other assigned duties as defined below. Maintain security and confidentiality of all student records. Help organize and plan programs for the incoming class such as Open Doorway, Freshman Picnic, and Orientation.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Review applications for completion and notify applicants of any missing documentation i.e. Recommendation letters, transcripts, DAT test scores, and other supporting documentation.
2. Verify proper reporting of grades for updated transcripts to include GPAs and DAT testing scores. Verify self-academic report using WebAdmit database system and Banner for consistency with transcripts and grades for changes, inaccuracy, or incomplete. GPAs are calculated in banner once grades are reported and test scores submitted and transfer updated DAT scores using banner processes and data forms. Also, run a DAT download to update the latest test scores after applications have been submitted using Banner.
3. Open, date stamp, and distribute incoming mail as back-up to the Office Specialist
4. Retrieve student records from data storage or electronic files and obtain authorization to release information for students applying to Residency programs and provide eye exams for loupe vendors
1. Prepare applications for interviewers and AU Alumni for review prior to interview. Those who have technical difficulties, I will provide applicant data, enter comments and scores into banner
2. Prepare a master interview schedule of assigned applicants each interview date
3. Correspond (email, mail, telephone) with applicants to confirm interview date scheduled and collect documentation i.e. Lawful Presence Certification form, driver's license, birth certificate, US passport, etc.
4. Coordinate with Public Safety building security to assure doors are opened and prepare for the pre-interview sessions for the student committee members
5. Prepare name badges and Student Evaluation forms for completion by the student committee members and make sure snacks are provided
6. Communicate with Sub-committee B any changes i.e. interview assignments, room changes, no shows or cancellations, etc.
7. Submit billing invoices for catered lunches, attendee list, and memo to Deans Office or Dental Expense Fund for payment
1. Prepare and mail acceptance letters after Dean and Admissions Committee members' approval
2. Prepare alternate & rejected letters to include reapplicant information for students rejected or placed on the wait list
3. Account for and depositing acceptance deposits to hold seat in class
4. Communicate with accepted students prior enrollment requirements i.e. student health Insurance, immunizations, tuition and mandatory fees, financial aid information and other deadlines
5. Prepare orientation materials and mail to accepted students for enrollment in May
Open Doorway Program:
1. Coordinate dates with Assistant Dean, Director, and applicants for Open Doorway around April prior to enrollment
2. Schedule room location, send invitations, make arrangements for catering, schedule presenters (i.e. student organizations and other AU participants) to speak with the students
3. Coordinate student schedules to participate in Q&A session for Open Doorway Program
4. Coordinate with Public Safety parking arrangements and passes
5. Prepare file folders to include program schedule, available houses, apartments, or roommates available and other useful information
6. Coordinate lunch for the students and submit invoice for payment to Dean's Fund
1. Prepare orientation schedule to invite AU participants to present to the incoming freshman
2. Prepare informational packets to include fall semester schedule, scholarship information, faculty advisor list, family day, SGA welcome letter, ASDA welcome letter, ID badge/Parking registration forms, etc.
3. Reserve room location and make arrangements for audio visual requests for PowerPoint presentations and internet access
4. Coordinate lunches for vendors or presenters to provide lunch for the students at their expense and process payment
5. Prepare for the Annual Freshman Picnic to include catering, contract approval, and facility room reservations. Also, send invitations to the event to Dean, Vice Dean, Assistant Deans, and Student Advisors
13. Extract data files from WebAdmit to process applications in banner
a. Each time a mailing is delivered from WebAdmit, I download the AADSAS files using Axium, CoreFTP, and process those applications in banner
14. Import data for supplemental applications to transfer data to Axium and Banner for review
a. Verify application data to match supplemental applications with AADSAS applications
15. Import DAT scores in Banner to run updates for new test scores
16. Manage the MCG Foundation account for the Dental Expense Fund (7644-SK) for student activities and lunches
17. Assist Student Affairs Administrative Specialist 2 with backup assistance to include preparing excused absences for students and assist students with faxes or other needed information
18. Greet and assist faculty and other guests during campus events i.e. Welcome Back Assembly, White Coat Ceremony, Professionalism forum, and any other campus events when needed
19. Contact department heads i.e. Student Health, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Enrollment & Student Services to collect data for financial aid expense reports, and other required enrollment information prior to enrollment deadlines
20. Committee member on various committees within AU
21. Backup assistant to Office Specialist Closer Look Tours of the dental school
8. Schedule rooms or vacant offices for off-campus alumni and faculty who do not have offices in the Dental College
9. Monitor the dental expense account (7466SK) and account for all monies
10. Take and distribute candidate photos
11. Verify applicant identification and record
12. Schedule and coordinate presentations for the Dean, Vice Dean, Assistant Deans, Housing, and Financial Aid
13. Communicate and schedule Sub-committee A weekly reminders for application review and read files and schedule room locations
Additional Tasks include:
1. DCG Admission's liaison for IT Service for banner support:
a. Include reactivating accounts and troubleshooting technical errors for the committee. This may include reinstalling java versions, password updates, or correct their browser support
b. Resolve application download issues and student account generation issues
c. Resolve and coordinate Outlook names, email, and class issues. This may include creating the listserv for each class i.e. CLASS OF 2019 DENTAL
d. Correct duplicate PIDs and document manage systems
e. Customer Service problem resolution lead for applicants and accepted freshman
i. Student account access to POUNCE
ii. Outlook issues for the students
2. Assist technical support for banner testing during upgrades and new processes for Axium
3. Process student records using CoreFTP, Banner, and Axium databases to transfer data
4. Assist with registration notifications and holds on accounts for incoming freshman students
a. Remove registration holds for registration
b. Follow up with Student Health Services in regards to registration holds
5. Submit work requests for testing and moving data to production
6. Scanning & Indexing records to include:
a. Administer all student records for the incoming freshman by scanning each record and indexing files using Web Extender, Image Capture, and Document Manager. Each file folder for the class is scanned which includes a total of 90 students and the application consists of approximately 50-70 pages of paperwork to scan and index
b. Documents scanned include application, recommendation letters, transcripts, test scores and other additional information
7. Banner Security & Access:
a. Process Banner security for new and inactive committee members to include basic training for banner applications and submit request for data steward to have committee member reinstated.
b. Training admissions committee faculty members about Banner manipulations
8. DCG Admission's liaison for Admission's Committee members:
a. Assist interviewers with obtaining information from Banner such as applications and
entering interview comments and scores for committee review meetings
b. Troubleshoot Banner log in issues, Banner navigation issues, and provided updated applicant information, and collect interview documents
C. Prepare committee members for the Ellucian Education Center to complete training for the Banner 8 Fundamentals at https://udca.sungardhe.com/q:1/home/displa'.l'.login. Once this training is complete, the committee member received a completion certificate offered by SunGard Higher Education.
d. Personally, train members of the committee member banner forms and their use
9. Registrar's Liaison for DCG Admissions:
a. Correct acceptance errors for residency status, citizenship, visa status, degree/major changes, reversal of acceptances, support for NetlD and email account issues, verify all new student folders are loaded correctly into Document Manager and assist with registration issues
b. Correct ADC errors for the Registrar's Office to include updates for Citizenship and State of Origins
10. Data Collection:
a. Prepare quarterly, semiannually, and annual DCG admission reports for the Dean and the Assistant Dean of Admissions. Data to include demographics, previous college, GPA, DATs, etc.
b. Assist Dean and Assistant Dean with compiling data for various reports when needed such as ADA Dental Survey for Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), ADEA Applicant Analysis, and other reports as needed
11. Coordinate system access for incoming freshman students:
a. Provide class rosters
b. Provide DCG Business group with student information to obtain access in Citrix and Axium for Patient Information & Scheduling Manager and DCG Operation Support Specialist
12. Notify and assist Business Office (as needed) with the submission for Alums or new committee members off campus to include:
a. Request submission for PCFs to be submitted to HR as needed for new committee members off campus
b. Collect Personal Data Form, Confidentiality Statement, and Information Systems
Security documents for Alum and off-campus committee members so that HR can
create accounts in PeopleSoft for non-paid affiliate positions
c. HR creates PeopleSoft accounts so that I can request banner security and access
Administrative Support for the Assistant Dean of Admissions:
Support the Assistant Dean of Admissions as needed this includes but not limited to - answer the phone, greet visitors, answer questions as needed, schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, complete requested tasks, etc.
Faculty & Staff reports:
5. Prepare Biographical Reports to include background information for current students to include hobbies, previous employment, special awards or honors, marital statuses, and other additional information
6. Take pictures and assist with the photos for the Class Composites for each class
7. Prepare applicant and students stats using Crystal reporting to include the underrepresented minority student reports and other applicant data
8. Assist Director/Dean in reporting Estimated Expense Report to include tuition and fees for the 4 years of dental school
9. Assist Director/Dean in reporting the Class Student Profiles/Fact Sheets each class to include majors, degrees, applicant pool, gender, race, etc.
10. Prepare data reports for interviewers to include their evaluations scores and comments, test scores, state of residency, etc. These reports are provided during the Admissions Committee Review Meetings for decision making
11. Update statistical reports each year for class profiles, class average scores, and other demographics to include Class Master Profile report of all applicant data and underrepresented minorities
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions
High School diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accredited organization and seven years of directly applicable experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Proficient in Banner, Crystal Reports, Web Extender/Document Manager, and WebAdmit, Axium, CoreFTP
Functional operation of a scanner, fax machine, copier/printer, multiline phone system and check scanning equipment for banking with SunTrust
Experienced in qualitative methods and some research methods.
Excellent written and verbal communication.
Strong organizational qualities, able to multi task and good time management techniques.
Highly trained to work in a diverse environment, great customer service standards
Pay Grade: 12
Salary: Minimum $15.06/hour - $19.58/hour
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 11/2/23 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=265313&PostingSeq=1