Associate Dean, Information Technology (Central Campus)
Central Campus, FL
ID: 7192283 (Ref.No. REQ-000040738)
Posted: November 8, 2023
Job Profile SummaryThe purpose of the job is to serve in a management and leadership capacity reporting to the appropriate Academic Dean or Administrator for the responsibility of overall department operations in accordance with college policies, procedures and contractual agreements, and in support of the overall plan of the college. Employees in this job classification are responsible for the comprehensive coordination and administration of all matters relating to personnel, students, scheduling, curriculum implementation, external agencies, instruction, and all
financial considerations relating to the department, and accomplishes such in coordination with the college's mission and college wide goals and campus-based initiatives. Associated Deans provide leadership for all instructional programs. Performs related work as directed.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Educational Technology or related field.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Requires 3 years teaching experience at the postsecondary level, with a history of demonstrated leadership roles in educational settings.
- Experience working with management and delivery of face-to-face, blended, online and competency-based programs a plus.
- Experience leading and overseeing complex initiatives such as strategic planning and cross-divisional initiatives that require collaboration related to enrollment and/or student success preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, financial management, budget design, and quantitative skills.
- Daily -40%: Provides effective leadership to department personnel in fulfilling the mission of the college as such relates to the short and long-range academic initiatives of the department while ensuring program viability. Monitors technology trends in order to design and implement new programs and/ or courses. Leads and supports academic assessment strategies, ensuring that student learning is assessed and documented. Supports the goals of the College, particularly the dedication to improving student success and retention.
- Daily -15%: Works in cooperation with program managers, program coordinators and faculty to prepare and manage the department budget (s), class schedules, and registration process and faculty assignments. Develops and maintains community linkages appropriate to the role of associate dean.
- Daily -10%: Coordinates, maintains, and submits in a timely manner accurate records, inventory, payroll, faculty schedules, textbook orders, program manuals, grades, course syllabi, catalog materials, and requests for information or other reports. Provides direction for the development and maintenance of active advisory committees for assigned programs, addressing regional requirements.
- Daily -8%: Serves as liaison to other college departments and administration, for dissemination of information and articulation to various advisory committees, coordinates recruitment efforts when needed, establishes and maintains articulations efforts with external, accrediting agencies, high school and other colleges.
- Other -4%: Completes program reviews in accordance with state and college policy. Works collaboratively in the development of department and campus goals and objectives in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
- Other -2%: Advises students as needed for specialized degree and program offerings. Promotes involvement of students and staff in co-curricular student organizations.
- Other 2%: Represents the department and participates in various campus and college-wide activities, meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Daily -5%: Oversees and coordinates faculty, program managers, program coordinators, student advisors and technical support personnel. This includes recruitment, professional development plans, management and evaluation as well as the submission of appropriate recommendations of personnel actions.
- Other- 2%: Oversees the purchasing and maintenance of the necessary hardware, software and support equipment required in the computer labs and classrooms.
- Other -10%: Assists appropriate academic administrators in the development, evaluation and revision of curricula and course outlines, and in the development of grant proposals and program development.
- Other-2%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad understanding of contemporary higher education issues.
- Knowledge of integrated strategic enrollment management model.
- Knowledge of technology used in educational programs and services, including but not limited to student information system and web-based information systems.
- Ability to write and analyze advanced level reports.
- Ability to develop projects, grants, and corporate partnerships allied to workforce development and information technology.
- Ability to manage focused areas of instructional programming and related staff as assigned.
- Ability to nurture relationships with local, state, and national employers; support local, state, national and global population of students.
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College’s diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff.
- Oversees and coordinates professional development plans, management and evaluation, and submits appropriate recommendations of personnel actions.
- Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met.
- Develops and manages the academic, student or business department’s budget(s).
- Has full responsibility for multiple academic disciplines, units or departments.
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
- Ensure continuous improvement efforts are implemented to improve program outcomes.
Leadership & Results Orientation
Inspires and generates enthusiasm and commitment for the vision, mission and core values of the College. Promotes employee growth and development through professional, technical, and academic programs and services. Makes effective decisions and produces results through strategic planning and development, implementation and evaluation of programs and policies. Sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver results
Innovation and Creativity
Successfully implements creative ideas to move the organization, processes, and systems forward. Introduces new concepts, models, practices and services that serve to improve the Colleges value in the community
Teamwork & Collaboration
Promotes quality teams through the effective use of the organization’s performance management system (e.g. establishes performance standards, appraises staff accomplishments using developed standards, and takes action to reward and counsel as appropriate). Embraces and employs the diversity of individuals, cultures, values, ideas and communication styles in the achievement of common goals
Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College’s mission in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
Continuous Improvement & Quality Service Orientation
Anticipates, identifies, diagnoses and consults on potential or actual problem areas relating to program implementation and divisional goal achievement. Fosters and environment of respect, dignity, and compassion that affirms and empowers all of its members (students, faculty, staff, outside organizations, others you provide service to) while striving for the highest ethical standards and social responsibility
Resource Management & Technology
Develops and implements the most emergent technologies for the unit utilizing methods and strategies that create environments that are flexible and responsive to the needs of local and national trends and the College’s mission. Plans, organizes and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Ensures the effective use of college resources, implements fiscally sound practices and environmentally sustainable initiatives
Job TitleAssociate Dean, Information Technology (Central Campus)
Job StatusFull time Regular
DepartmentIT and Engineering
Salary$81,900 - $94,185 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Work ShiftFirst Shift
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday
Hours Per Week37.5
Posting End DateOpen Until Filled
CommentsTo be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript are required. The first review date of applications will begin November 14, 2023.
Designated Essential PersonnelNo
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7449, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at email@example.com.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.