DIR DONOR RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
ID: 7192375 (Ref.No. hlj_50537)
Posted: November 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director, Donor Relations, and Development Communications
The Director of Donor Relations and Communications will lead the planning, implementation and ongoing management of the Foundation's Donor Relations and Communications Program. The position holder will collaborate across the Foundation's operational and philanthropy teams and beyond to deliver the best possible stewardship, cultivation, and recognition of Moffitt's donors by creating and maintaining excellent processes, policies, communications, and events. The position will work with the offices of Marketing, PR and Brand to ensure consistent messaging and branding, and capitalize on shared, integrated communications efforts. They will support the front-line fundraisers with events and communications, ensuring the delivery of timely reports to donors and ad hoc communications to provide regular and customized touchpoints that deepen donor relations with Moffitt.
DONOR RELATIONS: The position is responsible for overseeing rigorous processes to acknowledge donors and ensure leadership at Moffitt is thanking donors appropriately. They will oversee the implementation of a strategic system of recognition that encourages and accelerates giving and honors our most important donors. They will oversee the development of new and innovative donor acknowledgment and recognition opportunities, as well as prospect engagement opportunities. They will also take a leading role in managing Moffitt's Board of Advisors, including overseeing the annual cycle and content of communications with the Board of Advisors, and working on the strategy for the Board of Advisors role to enhance the group's effectiveness and contribution to Moffitt.
COMMUNICATIONS: The position is responsible for the direction and administration of the development communications program, including customized donor proposals, stewardship reports, newsletters, annual reports, event collateral, philanthropy/donor relations materials, talking points, electronic communications including website content and videos, communications training, and communications to the Hospital/patient community concerning philanthropic giving to the organization.
- Foundation Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution to include plan, developing, and execute multi-channel initiatives that communicate the Foundation brand to different stakeholder audiences
- Donor Relations Strategy, Planning, and Execution to include leading high-level Donor Relations activities to ensure donor retention, increased giving, and support long-term relationships with Moffitt Cancer Center
- Manage and direct the teams in the Donor Relations and Development Communications areas to include providing direction and support to the teams, evaluating current business practices and resources and optimizing performance for success
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Humanities, Liberal Studies, or relevant field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of donor relations, communications, public relations, marketing, strategic planning, or other related experience in a large non-profit or healthcare setting.
- Exceptional written communication skills and editing experience.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration and communication in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, particularly with cross-departmental teams with a minimum of 5 years supervising staff.
- Experience creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success.
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Humanities, Liberal Studies, or relevant field.
- Strong collaborator and storyteller who can translate complex concepts and metrics into persuasive communications.
- Demonstrated ability to define program goals and objectives, set priorities and assess program success/challenges.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills; the ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in a team emphasized environment; strong attention to detail; and the ability to meet multiple priorities under strict deadlines is essential.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and listening), relationship building and presentation skills. Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to partner across teams to help them achieve goals.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.