Manager, Learning Lab
Riverside Campus, TX
ID: 7192553 (Ref.No. R-5307)
Posted: November 9, 2023
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Manager, Learning Lab
Job Description Summary:To manage Learning Lab services for campus and designated teaching sites including tutoring and computer labs and related activities, fiscal resources, and personnel; acts as a liaison to other instructional divisions.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Coordinates Learning Lab services, technologies, and activities for a campus including individual and group tutorial services, study groups, supplemental instruction, in-class study skills, and other presentations, individual learning plans for students removed from developmental classes, instructional workshops, and whole-class and individual computer lab usage.
2) Develops, tracks, and maintains the departmental budget; researches, evaluates, and approves all purchases and expenditures; prioritizes services and purchases based on data driven and budgetary limitations; seeks alternate sources of funding.
3) Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, and disciplines personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
4) Researches, develops, and designs best-practice based tutorial services, curricula, strategies, methods, and programs with or without the use of technology to augment, supplement, and assist academic departments and work force programs and their students.
5) Serves as technical and operational liaison to all instructional departments and divisions supported by the Learning Lab.
6) Promotes and advertises Learning Lab services to students, faculty, and staff.
7) Maintains all departmental records and submits compliance reports as required.
8) Oversees the operation and maintenance of the Local Area Network (LAN) for tutorial and instructional divisions supported by the Learning Labs; coordinates the design and update of the Learning Lab website.
9) Oversees computer classrooms, open computer labs, and productivity software used by departments supported by the Learning Lab; gathers, analyzes, and disseminates data on Learning Lab usage as well as student satisfaction with services.
10) Anticipates and proactively plans for changes in programs and services; writes and develops plans to meet goals and objectives of the department.
11) Collaborates with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and Student Services counselors to provide assistance and adaptive technology, equipment, and learning support.
* Learning Lab services, technology, and equipment.
* Individual and group tutorial services.
* Alternative funding sources.
* Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
* Tutorial curricula, strategies, methods, and programs.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
* Coordinating Learning Lab services and activities.
* Researching and designing tutorial curricula, strategies, and programs.
* Developing and maintaining departmental budgets and seeking alternative funding sources.
* Serving as a technical liaison in relation to Learning Lab services.
* Effectively supervising, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
* Three years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
* Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
* Bachelor's degree.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Knowledge of LAN operations.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
* Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
$61,159 - $76,450
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:November 24, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.