Admissions Officer (Central Campus)
Central Campus, FL
ID: 7193136 (Ref.No. REQ-000041202)
Posted: November 11, 2023
Job Profile SummaryUnder limited supervision, the purpose of the job is to collect review and assess applications, transcripts, and related documents for compliance with eligibility for admission. Additionally, employees in this job classification will coordinate and support marketing and recruitment initiatives, in collaboration with the District Recruitment team as well as assist students through the Admissions and Registration process. This position will also provide information related to the college’s programs of study and career options to prospects and applicants. This position will be responsible for managing, expediting, and maintaining files, records and other documents, and ensures accurate progression of completed files throughout the admission process. Performs related work as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Four years of related/relevant experience.
- Other - 15%: Represents Broward College at recruitment events by providing information to increase prospective students' institutional awareness.
- Daily - 25%: Advises and processes students on admissions requirements/procedures, as well as academic program information and student services, to facilitate enrollment and retention.
- Daily - 10%: Processes various registration transactions such as clearing holds, gathering required documents for student records, processing exemptions/overrides, etc. to ensure a smooth registration process.
- Daily - 10%: Provides informational materials to students and parents for the assigned campus to evaluate and improve college recruitment strategies.
- Daily - 10%: Responds to inquiries and investigates/resolves problems related to transactions handled by the department; provides advice and guidance via the telephone and in person on the application of admissions and registration policies, procedures and documents.
- Annually - 5%: Serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operations problems.
- Daily - 10%: Coordinates accurate correspondence and information to be distributed to prospective students in order to keep the community informed of updates.
- Weekly - 10%: Provides administrative support to include the expediting and coordination of incoming and outgoing documentation relative to admissions policy and procedural issues.
- Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fully proficient in professional and functional standards and protocols of position
- General understanding of College’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area
- Ability to contribute in multiple related areas within the function
- Expertise in understanding and following project plans, including the coordination of multiple resources and activities
- Understanding of and ability to coordinate interdependencies of work within the area and of resources from outside the area
- Ability to exchange information with individuals and collaborate and colleagues within the College as well as presentation skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems spec
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment.
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College.
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes varying perspectives.
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades.
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in area of discipline (i.e. HR, Finance, Student Affairs, etc.)
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of department, division and the College.
Job TitleAdmissions Officer (Central Campus)
Job StatusFull time Regular
Salary$42,320 - $49,726 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Work ShiftFirst Shift
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday
Hours Per Week40
Posting End DateOpen Until Filled
CommentsTo be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume is required. The first review date of applications will begin November 17, 2023.
Designated Essential PersonnelNo
Position ClassificationProfessional Technical Staff (PTS)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7449, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at email@example.com.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.