Assistant Director, Educational Opportunity Program
ID: 7193423 (Ref.No. 24N500049)
Posted: November 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider University invites applications for the Assistant Director, Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). Reporting to the Director, Educational Opportunity Program, this individual will provide academic, career, financial and personal counseling to EOP students. The Assistant Director will engage in retention activities by developing workshops and programs geared towards the academic success for EOP students and participate in recruitment efforts by attending several college fairs throughout the academic school year.
This is a grant-funded position.
- Master’s Degree in related fields (higher education, psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
- At least two years’ experience working in higher education.
- Experience working with marginalized student populations, students from low income backgrounds and first-generation college students.
- Experience developing programming for college students
- Experience coaching and advising college students on academic, personal and professional development
- Great communication and organizational skills and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience doing outreach and recruitment for college students or in a college setting.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and experiences that highlight that commitment.
- Satisfactory background and/or DMV checks required
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience working with the Educational Opportunity Fund Program or thorough knowledge of the program, its students and mission.
- Background and experience working with students on mental wellness and mental health issues.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.