Marketing Content Specialist
ID: 7193934 (Ref.No. BSU40291)
Posted: November 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead content and social media strategist for Undergraduate, Transfer, Graduate, and International Admissions; including content and message development and coordination.
- Support the Director of Communication Strategy and Insights and Communications Managers in market strategy, project management, execution of integrated marketing campaigns encompassing the Admissions Funnel from lead generation to projects/inquiries, applicants, admits, and confirmations.
- Express the university brand through clear, persuasive, compelling copywriting. Create original works and updating current pieces/campaigns to accomplish enrollment goals. Includes conceptualizing, writing, and/or editing, content, tone, style, grammar, completeness, institutional messages, and identity. Meet objectives specific to the stage in which the student (and family) are in within admissions funnel to drive university awareness, visit, application, and enrollment. Adapt writing appropriately depending upon media (digital, print, social media, scripts, etc.); execute a wide range of styles depending upon indented audience, and tailor appropriately for various external and internal audiences.
- Support the Director of Communication Strategy and Insights, Communications Managers, CRM (Slate) team, and Marketing and Communications, to integrate appropriate brand messages as various stages in the admissions prospect, applicant, and yield journey.
- Lead and/or serve on creative teams comprising communications managers, CRM team, Admissions leadership groups, division teams, Marketing and Communications, vendors, and others to develop or provide original content for digital and printed media or publications, social media, CRM communication flows, websites, phone scripts, direct mail, video, internal reports, Keynote/PowerPoints, and more.
- Collaborate with Director of Communication Strategy and Insights to conduct research and interviews with internal and external sources in support of writing projects, communicates appropriately and effectively with university staff and with key stakeholders. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all content produced.
- Consult with colleagues on how copy can support enrollment goals and university messaging; promote a storytelling approach.
- Manage multiple and competing priorities to ensure timely delivery of critical projects; requires an understanding of how projects relate to the broad strategic goals of our division, the university, and partnering departments/offices. Monitor and adhere to project production schedules, communicate routing and thoroughly with supervisors, and others about work progress.
- Support, plan, schedule, promote, manage, and attend admissions events as needed (often scheduled in evenings or on weekends).
- Supervise one undergraduate intern; assign and review work, orient and train, and make recommendations in all areas, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, regular feedback, and training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.