Clinical Nurse III - Operating Room
ID: 7193992 (Ref.No. 10023786)
Posted: November 16, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $57.55 - $83.45 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Clinical Nurse III - OR - $20K Sign On Bonus
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse III for the Operating Room at City of Hope Lennar Foundation Cancer Center in Irvine. The OR nurse will deliver patient care through the framework of the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis and patient outcome) in the preoperative care, intraoperative, and postoperative care phase of the patient. CLICK HERE to learn more about the Lennar Foundation Cancer Center.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Provide direct patient care in either in the outpatient or hospital setting.
- Assess and monitor patient’s condition and progress.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Provide education to patients and families.
- Document patient’s medical history, vital signs, and relevant information.
- Perform diagnostic tests and interpret results.
- Assist in the development of individualized care plans.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in nursing is required.
- Three to five years related experience in the Operating Room.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- Current ACLS certification from American Heart Association
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications should include:
- Bilingual preferred
- Acute care or ambulatory
- CNOR certification
- National certification (must be obtained within three years of hire and must be maintained thereafter in order to retain Clinical Nurse III status)
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $57.55 - $83.45 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.