(Interim) Manager, Student Affairs Technology Projects
Highland Business Center, TX
ID: 7194169 (Ref.No. R-5297)
Posted: November 16, 2023
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:(Interim) Manager, Student Affairs Technology Projects
Job Description Summary:Provides project management and guidance for project scope, implementation, continuous improvement, and subsequent maintenance by the business owner for key Student Affairs technology platforms -- which include, but are not limited to, ERP/SIS and CRM platforms. Responsible for the design, development, coordination, and management of Student Affairs technology projects and programs, and supervision of staff.
- Oversees the intake of newly proposed student affairs technology projects, ensuring that appropriate business assessments and project stakeholders are identified.
- Acts as a liaison between Student Affairs and IT ensuring communication and understanding of project scope and deliverables.
- Establishes understanding of how technology fits into strategic goals of aligned business units.
- Establishes specific needs and project scope requirements; evaluates alternatives, and prepares budget estimates.
- Utilizes project methodology and processes to coordinate project activities with stakeholders and others.
- Partners to construct project documentation and facilitates approvals to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project charter. Monitors and manages project tasks to ensure projects are completed within expected timeline.
- Liaises with other technology partners in other divisions to coordinate projects, determine potential overlap, and identify additional stakeholders.
- Directs and manages projects to meet the established project scope, budget and schedule; meets with stakeholders and project members to resolve potential problems and address concerns.
- Prepares reports to update project status to College leadership, project members, and stakeholders.
- Collaborates to establish processes, improvements, and technology training to ensure consistency for divisional and departmental staff.
- Assesses and analyzes opportunities so leadership can make informed decisions, monitors the progress and schedule of projects, and communicates with project stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties to ensure visibility and alignment into project milestones.
- Project management methodologies, experience in Agile delivery methodologies is a plus.
- Information technology and instructional resources technology terminology, practices, policies, procedures, and specification development of hardware and software.
- Familiarity with current and emerging educational technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with student information systems and customer relationship management.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and written communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy, understanding, and valuing all contributions.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Web conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts and WebEx.
- Use and experience with Google Suite tools.
- Updating websites using content management solutions.
- Two years related work experience and one year of supervisory experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office setting.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:December 1, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.