Budget Manager, Academic Resources
ID: 7194787 (Ref.No. 4795631)
Posted: November 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Dean of Library and Academic Resources, the Academic Resources Budget Manager is responsible for managing the library budget and assisting with the Museum of Art budget as needed. The position works with the Dean of Academic Resources in the preparation, allocation, and management of the annual budget, and works closely with heads of library departments and fund managers to plan and implement their fiscal activities. The Budget Manager develops and implements financial management and monitoring processes to ensure a balanced budget throughout the fiscal year, serves as the primary contact to the Business Office, and understands campus fiscal processes and policies and accounting best practices to ensure timely and accurate compliance. Important skills for this position include budget forecasting, scenario analysis, written and verbal communication, and attention to detail.
1. Financial Planning
- Forecasts, develops, and controls fiscal year budgets and fund allocations
- Works closely with library staff to understand and evaluate spending needs and timelines, approve and track expenditures, and provide guidance and solutions as needed
- Ensures a balanced budget throughout the fiscal year
- Serves as a member of the Dean's Cabinet
- Provides leadership and strong analytical skills in collaboratively creating, maintaining, and improving fiscal procedures and workflows in support of the Library's strategic goals
- Scenario analysis and problem solving
2. Budget Management
- Coordinates with all library department heads and fund managers to establish annual funding and tracking and accounting procedures to ensure balanced budgets and optimize expenditure activities
- Develops and maintains appropriate reporting systems
- Serves as the Library's primary contact with all departments in the Business Office
- Together with the Head of Collection Management, manages and oversees $1.5M of funds for new Library materials, including tracking funds for over 3,000 - 5,000 books, standing orders and media resources, 90K journals, and over 200 databases, with over 5,000 orders and 1,000 invoices approved annually
- Collaborates with the Dean's executive assistant to coordinate vendor contracts, purchase orders, and process invoices
3. Data Analytics
- Provides data analytics and reporting statistics to library staff and external organizations' annual or bi-annual surveys
4. Project Support
- Special projects, fundraising support, and assistance to the Dean as needed
5. Support the library's Executive Assistant as needed
6. Other Duties as Assigned
- REQUIRED: Bachelors level degree required in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field
- PREFERRED: Accounting
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience):
- Minimum 2 years experience required performing financial and fund management,
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively coordinating efforts of others across departmental lines and successful experience working in a diverse team environment.
- Substantial knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, principles, standards and recommended practices. 4. Successful track record of administering and allocating complex, multi-disciplinary budgets.
- Excellent organization, written and communication skills.
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical)
- Proven abilities in problem-solving and troubleshooting complex budgets.
- Excellent ability to operate independently with good judgment and a high level of initiative.
- Excellent computer and office skills.
Salary Description $34,042 annual salary
To apply, visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2049226
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.