Engaged Learning and Jumpstart Administrative & Compliance Coordinator
ID: 7194789 (Ref.No. 4795643)
Posted: November 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 3,100 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
30hrs/wk (.80FTE, benefits eligible) for 11 months/year (July is the month off); hybrid schedule possible.
The Engaged Learning and Jumpstart Administrative & Compliance Coordinator performs key CILSA functions related to supporting the College's engaged learning efforts and outcomes, building collaborative relationships on- and off-campus, and supporting Jumpstart's structures and systems related to employment, payroll, Americorps, and compliance. Duties Include:
- GaelsEngage for Community Engagement/Engaged Learning & Service (30%): Manage and coordinate the GaelsEngage, the online platform which is used by students, faculty, staff, and community partners, to track and approve hours for engaged learning courses, promote service opportunities, and offer registration for events/services. Serve as the lead in technical understanding, application, training, and orientation for students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- Community Engagement/Engaged Learning Support (35%): Provide course support to faculty members teaching community engagement/engaged learning courses and the students enrolled in these courses serving the community. Support CILSA Director by working with the Business Office, CILSA staff, and students to coordinate the expenditures of funds for course-based community engagement, including transportation, background checks, and health screenings. Provide additional administrative support as needed.
- Jumpstart Compliance and Budget Assistance (30%): Serve as the administrative support of the Jumpstart program, including data entry, monitoring, technical support to students, IT issues, child assessment, and MyJstart systems. Ensure compliance with Jumpstart, Americorps, and College payroll processes and systems, including background checks, egrants, SAM, Livescan, NSOPW background checks, and enrollment files. Ensure timely student onboarding and biweekly approval of College payroll/FWS, Jumpstart National stipend, and Americorps payments systems.
- General Duties (5%): Mail, campus deliveries, room reservations, IT coordination. Represent CILSA at events, facilitate training and reflection with students, participate in ongoing Lasallian formation, equity training, and other professional development.
- BA/BS preferred, with 2-3 years experience in higher education or non-profit sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Can-do spirit; curiosity.
- Enjoys problem-solving and learning.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfort and skill in highly regulated processes.
- Willingness and capacity to learn multiple database and web-based management systems.
- Resonance with the mission and values of CILSA and Saint Mary's College.
- Experience working with traditional undergraduate college students and in higher education preferred.
- Applicants must pass a federal background check; this will be conducted by the College and by Jumpstart.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at Saint Mary's Staff Career Page. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to msupport the Mission of the College
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws. Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here: https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety-transportation/clery-reports-and-alerts. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Salary Description $25/hour
To apply, visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2055214
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.