Coordinator, High School Programs Career & Job Readiness
Northridge Campus, TX
ID: 7194887 (Ref.No. R-5278)
Posted: November 17, 2023
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Coordinator, High School Programs Career & Job Readiness
Job Description Summary:To serve as the primary contact for recruitment, enrollment, registration support, and job readiness for High School Career Programs and Pathways such as Career Academies, PTECH, and articulated credit in workforce areas. Serves as liaison for independent school districts and works closely with independent school district (ISD) partners and external partners to develop, maintain, and grow campus high school programs participation.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Serves as primary High School Career Programs resource for workforce dual credit pathways in career academies, PTECH, and articulated credit. Builds and fosters a positive working relationship between partnering ISDs and Austin Community College (ACC).
2) Develops, coordinates, and evaluates the ACC enrollment, recruitment, and advising on a high school campus or ACC campus.
3) Provides academic advising for high school students enrolled in ACC Career Programs, including facilitating group advising sessions for maximum efficiency.
4) Coordinates and plans with partner ISDs to host ACC career academy and PTECH class sections. Organizes and leads meetings with representatives from partner school districts.
5)Assists students with academic challenges such as obtaining Student Accessibility Services (SAS) accommodations, academic struggles, counseling referrals (ACC Cares), career counseling, rebounding from failure, etc.; and supporting faculty needs (e.g., facility challenges, logistics, parking, technology, etc.).
6) Develops the semester and annual course scheduling for individual high school locations to include negotiation with ACC academic department chairs for course approvals, cancellations, and adjustments for High School Programs sections at high school and ACC campuses.
7) Coordinates and delivers new student orientation session for career programs.
8) Oversees the accuracy of the ACC online schedule by working with the supervisor of Instructional Support Services and partner ISDs.
9) Responds to early alerts from professors and coordinates interventions with high school staff.
10) Provides ACC faculty support for facility needs and student registration support for career academies.
11) Manages the student, ISD and faculty complaint process and acts as liaison for all stake-holders.
12) Develops a job readiness workshop for graduating students to include: resume writing, interview preparation, workforce networking, and work readiness.
13) Creates and maintains an active role on the high school campus in order to actively recruit students from targeted underserved populations.
14) Monitors semester registration of restricted career academy classes and verifies semester class rosters.
15) Communicates high school programs career academy information, changes, etc. to ISD high school partners.
16) Assists ISDs with Summer Bridge activities, including coordinating student visits to ACC campuses, presentations by student support staff, faculty, etc.
17)Analyzes data for assigned students and schools to improve overall persistence and completion outcomes.
18) Serves on high school, community, and college-wide committees as assigned.
* Student support services.
* Educational institutions' programs and functions.
* Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of attention to detail and follow-through.
* Coordinating administrative support services.
* Making individual and group presentations.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, graphic creation and presentation software, and Google applications.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
*Two years related work experience in higher education support services.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for ACC service area travel.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
*Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$50,681 - $63,351
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:December 1, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.