Post Award Specialist
ID: 7195214 (Ref.No. BSU40394)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The annual salary for this opportunity is $44,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio of sponsored projects, such as undergraduate awards, graduate assistantships, and/or service contracts; authorize transactions; compile and submit invoices to agencies per sponsor guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles; initiate, calculate, and approve labor expenses.
- Maintain data for sponsored projects, including but not limited to university/SPA requirements, and relevant correspondence, in Cayuse, Trello, and Banner as required. Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of records for internal reporting and external audit.
- Facilitate set up of new awards, including agreements negotiations processes and initiating requests to establish new sponsored project funds.
- Responsible for closing out awards in accordance with SPA policies and procedures and maintaining records for audit compliance in federal and state laws and regulations, and sponsor-specific guidelines.
- Facilitate reviewing and approving purchases on sponsored projects to ensure they are in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, and sponsor-specific guideline as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee receipt of payments and maintain documentation of payments.
- Responsible for ensuring proposal budgets and other financial components are accurate prior to submission to sponsor and communicating with Proposal Managers.
- Work closely with SPA Post Award team to ensure effort reporting and certification procedures are followed.
- Liaise with SPA Directors, Proposal Managers, Grant Managers, Associate Directors, Compliance team, university leadership, and others as appropriate to ensure process alignment and policy adherence.
- Work closely with the Director of Sponsored Projects Administration on special programs, initiatives, and metrics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.