Executive Financial Assistant
ID: 7195215 (Ref.No. BSU40377)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Ball State University offers excellent benefits, including health care and University funded retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as financial assistant in administering the accounts payable process; analyze withdrawal/check requests for accuracy ensure donor intent and appropriate fund balance; daily entry of requests in to the financial system; oversee the production of weekly checks and emergency checks, respond to questions from vendors regarding payments; ensure cash requirements are met for check processing; collate and distribute checks.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly ACH to the University; process expenses related to University services; develop tools to assist in auditing charges; record all charges appropriately; provide documentation to Office of University Controller.
- Interpret and review Ball State University Foundation fund agreements to ensure compliance with respect to donor intention, requirements, expectations and fund balance.
- Assist with the Ball State University Foundation credit card program; work with the Assistant Director of Finance on monthly transaction receipts, research transactions as needed, send needed communications to card holders; ensure timely payments, verify compliance with Foundation Credit card policy.
- Assist with processing unclaimed property/stale checks; monitor state checks received; void and reissue checks with appropriate; remit funds to state as necessary; assist with state reporting as needed.
- Assist with processing 1099’s for the Foundation and all related entities; run appropriate reports and review to ensure transactions are recorded/reported appropriately; make any needed corrections.
- As needed, assist with yearly audit for the Foundation and all related entities; compile needed documentation as requested.
- Provide executive support and assistance to the Foundation Finance team; compose, coordinate, and prepare correspondence, forms, reports, and communications to any and all inside and outside entities; recommend, plan, and execute changes in procedures for improved efficiency; maintain procedure manuals related to areas of responsibility.
- Perform a variety of other administrative duties including but not limited to ordering of office supplies, work order request, outside purchasing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.