ID: 7195216 (Ref.No. BSU40406)
Posted: November 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up new sponsored project funds; meet with Principal Investigator (PI) to discuss award guidelines, allowable and un-allowable costs, significance of compliance, and importance of timeliness.
- Authorize sponsored project fund transactions; ensure documentation meets audit standards and transactions are allowable; monitor fund for accuracy and process corrections for transactions incorrectly charged in a timely manner.
- Initiate, calculate, and approve labor expenses; ascertain salaries and compensation are correctly entered into payroll system in a timely manner.
- Compile, calculate, and submit invoices to agencies per agency guidelines; perform electronic drawdowns; monitor payments when university receives funds.
- Keep current on all federal, state, local, and agency specific award guidelines and regulations; identify, review, and apply the assigned guidelines for award.
- Close out accounts in a timely manner and prepare retained documents for audit; examine fund and file for completeness and accuracy; acquire any supporting documentation for audit purposes; obtain final reports from PI.
- Respond to award-related inquiries; resolve potential conflicts related to budgetary or programmatic concerns; proactively address expenditure rates and advise PI on potential budgetary issues and solutions; revise budgets as needed, working with PI and sponsor.
- Collect and compile information to prepare and submit a variety of financial reports; prepare and maintain internal reports to record ongoing financial activity.
- Subaward monitoring: review expenses submitted on invoices by subawardees and authorize payment; communicate with subawardees regarding expenses, agreements, and contract requirements; additionally, advise PI on procedures for engaging external contractors/consultants and facilitate forms for approval and signature.
- Implement federal, state, sponsor, and institutional audit standards into day-today operations; educate PIs and subawardees on approved standards and ensure those standards are followed.
- Calculate indirect costs using percentages set by the agency and relevant institutional policies; monitor and document non-transferred cost share commitments.
- Compute cost share dollars; monitor in-kind cost share and obtain certifications; manage all cost share activity within the grant fund and ensure agency cost share requirements are met.
- Serve as liaison between university and agency, subawardee, or external contractor/consultant; represent university in issues involving payments, cost reimbursements, reporting, contractual conditions, and overall accountability.
- Work closely with Proposal Managers (PMs) to ensure proposal budgets are accurate prior to submission to sponsor; ensure smooth transition between preaward, compliance, and post-award, working with the PM and PI.
- Work closely with Sponsored Projects Administration Compliance team to ensure effort reporting and certification procedures are followed, working with the PI.
- Advise the Sponsored Projects Administration leadership team in development of policy and procedures relating to current issues and regulations in research administration and with colleagues; participate in maintaining documentation of office Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to education, training, outreach, and communication functions of the office.
- Provide administration for office initiatives, plans of action, functions, or service offerings to campus; participate in committee functions and reporting of office programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.