ID: 7197089 (Ref.No. hh-64367BR)
Posted: December 1, 2023
Position DescriptionThe Program Coordinator (PC) provides on-site support for meetings and events for innovation programs at Harvard Medical School. This includes the Lab of Systems Pharmacology (LSP), the Blavatnik Harvard Life Lab, and the Cores and Technologies group. Primary responsibilities will be organizing group meetings, updating websites and Sharepoint sites to distribute program information, and ad-hoc support for visitors or special events.
The PC is expected to apply creativity and initiative in an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and team-oriented. The incumbent will have a high degree of professionalism and demonstrated capacity to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities while striving for precision and accuracy in all endeavors. The PC will have the ability to manage their own time to successfully complete tasks must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. The incumbent will possess considerable discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy required for professional communications.
Day to day, the PC will work under minimum supervision to provide high-level administrative support to the Harvard Initiative in Therapeutic Science (HiTS) Executive Director / Blavatnik Life Lab Senior Director, including:
- Management of lab calendars.
- Coordinating multiple Listserv distributions.
- Managing scheduling for large meetings and group activities.
- Assisting with select events and/or special projects which may include planning celebrations, sending condolences, participating in renovation design, or design and provision of seasonal gifts, and other duties as required.
Cores and Technology - related tasks include:
- Schedule group tours of HMS core facilities.
- Schedule complicated meetings involving multiple attendees with challenging availability.
- Assist with the maintenance of Sharepoint sites developed by the Cores and Technology group for internal resources/projects.
- Assist with maintenance of websites owned by the Cores and Technology group.
The incumbent will demonstrate at all times a respect for privileged information, and a commitment to protecting the confidentiality of: financial and philanthropic information; private conversations between staff, board members, and donors; scientific research; all personnel details, including but not limited to performance reviews; departmental budgets; and sensitive information about or regarding HiTS, LSP, and the Life Lab. The PC will also perform other related duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications3 years or more of related experience is required; a combination of education and experience may be considered. Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Robust office administration and customer service experience preferred.
- Professional experience in an office setting, preferably in a corporate environment preferred.
- Proven experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy preferred.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and solid working knowledge of various office processes and related computer software and electronic communications tools preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities preferred.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, diplomatic, positive, and solutions-oriented preferred.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with many different colleagues across different teams and projects preferred.
- Flexible team player preferred.
- Experience using strong judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience managing senior leadership.
- Ability to set and reorganize priorities at short notice.
Additional InformationCover letter required.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities! (https://www.gem.com ?formID=16341e35-cbc6-4904-88a3-09b35763307e)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.