Office Specialist (Pediatrics)
ID: 7197178 (Ref.No. ej-4828279)
Posted: November 30, 2023
Office Specialist (Pediatrics)
Job ID: 263818
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Augusta University -
Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation's largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG's expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America's children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.
This position will coordinate the administrative activities for divisions within the Department of Pediatrics. Responsibilities include fiscal management of accounts and providing all administrative and operational support for specific division(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, answer and triage telephone calls, providing correct responses to a variety of questions (routine and non-routine) about the office operations and/or policies/procedures and direct individuals to the appropriate resource when questions exceed knowledge. Provide phone coverage for other divisions as needed and requested.
- Provide administrative support to the division(s), including but not limited to: faxing; maintaining files; organizing office; assisting division chief, faculty and staff in developing procedures to improve division functions; attending appropriate division/department meetings, preparing agendas, recording minutes for distribution to faculty/staff in a timely fashion; assisting faculty/staff with meeting deadlines; entering call schedule into the call system; assisting with grant document preparation and obtaining articles.
- Distribute incoming correspondence on a daily basis, check and compare with previous communication, compose routine correspondence, format and type documents to include but not limited to: presentations, grants, manuscripts, abstracts, etc., prepare forms/documents used for Augusta University support services to include but is not limited to budgets and routing sheets, IDR's, check requests, remittance authorizations, etc., proofread and edit draft material, determine priority of incoming material and route to appropriate personnel.
- Create, access and maintain various databases in coordination with the faculty members. Assist faculty with completion/submission of various documents, forms and reports. Prepare written and presentation materials for superiors, gather and compile information, perform calculations. May prepare spreadsheets or other reports or presentation materials such as PowerPoint, and otherwise assist in the development of narrative information and graphic displays.
- Schedule group and individual meetings to include determining availability of all attendees, sending notifications, reminders, determining and reserving meeting location, coordinating catering and preparing forms for reimbursement for expenses.
- Maintain group and individual faculty calendars; maintain conference room schedule; coordinate requested meetings, and assist with recruitment process by coordinating applicant travel and interview itineraries.
- Provide budgetary support to division including but not limited to: managing accounts (RI supply budget, grants, contracts, alumni/foundation accounts, etc.) to include reconciling and balancing monthly reports; working with DSPA to ensure proper grant budget management and compliance; tracking budget and expenses and assisting with reimbursement for faculty staff and various vendors. Reconcile PeopleSoft ledger reports on a monthly basis and provide information on account status to leadership.
- Make travel arrangements for faculty and staff. Prepare necessary paperwork for travel approval and expense reimbursement.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and coordinate with the purchasing office as appropriate. Gather data and/or prepare routine information related to purchasing office related supplies and equipment. Initiate facilities management work orders as necessary.
- Maintain timekeeping tracking log for faculty/staff; ensure completion of leave requests; provide Administration with timekeeping tracking log on a monthly basis.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field may be substituted for experience.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible office support experience.
Previous experience in a medical office or general administrative office setting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday
Pay Grade: 9
Salary Minimum: $15.00 - Midpoint: $16.20
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 9/22/23 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/ Search Job Opening ID: 263878
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=263818&PostingSeq=1