On Campus Student Employment Coordinator
ID: 7197231 (Ref.No. BSU40582)
Posted: December 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all aspects of the student employment payroll authorizations and the on-line Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF); troubleshoot expectations and rejections.
- Coordinate the university’s Federal Work-Study Community Services Program, including management of contacts with participating agencies; referral of qualified students; verification of payroll adds, drops and time sheets; monitoring of student earning limits; travel to job site to verify safe environment and job descriptions; and general problem solving on behalf of the local agencies.
- Ensure compliance between university policies and procedures and federal and state employment laws; this includes all background checks and Title IX training; serve as liaison with campus employers regarding these matters.
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures for on-campus student employment; review exceptions and special cases; consult with on-campus employers regarding processes and procedures, and related student employment practices.
- Monitor and enforce all on-campus student employment policies involving campus employers, the Office of the Payroll and Employee Benefits, University Human
Resource Services, the Office of General Counsel, Accounting, the Controller’s Office, and Financial Aid & Scholarship.
- Design and implement regular campus supervisor evaluations of services and needs; assist in developing and recommending university student employment policies and compensation plans; assist in writing student employment annual report.
- Meet with supervisors to facilitate the resolution of employment disputes; consult with the Office of General Counsel when necessary; assist in reviewing exceptions of
special circumstances to university student employment policies.
- Support the culture and mission of the Ball State University Career Center.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.