Assistant Director for Curriculum and Assessment
ID: 7197233 (Ref.No. BSU40581)
Posted: December 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for the development and implementation of the residential curriculum through the development of sequenced learning opportunities that promote growth, learning, and development towards learning goals and departmental educational priority.
- Champion and assist with operationalizing the residential curriculum. Develop and support initiatives that create a seamless learning environment that connect on-campus students with campus resources. Develop strategic partnerships and collaborations with Career Services, Alumni, and community partners for career exploration and practice. This includes the development, implementation, and assessment of visiting scholars or visiting professionals program that allows short-term residential experiences between residents and scholars/practitioners in the field.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive assessment and evaluation plan for the department including the assessment of student learning, satisfaction, needs assessment, cost-benefit analysis assessment, benchmarking, and environmental scanning. This includes the overall management of internal and external program review at least once every five years.
- Provide leadership for curriculum development for EDHI 200 and EDHI 201 and for NACE Competencies skills infusion through our student staff and resident curriculums. This includes interfacing with Teacher’s College, instructor training and coordination, and collaboration with Student Staff Selection Committee.
- Write assessment reports and narratives that share the HRL story with key stakeholders. Design qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies. Utilize software packages such as SPSS, Nvivo, and Qualtrics to management departmental assessment initiatives and tracking. Design and develop valid and reliable assessment instruments. Collect data in an ethical manner, including careful consideration of the protection of human subjects and all expectations of the Institutional Review Board. Write assessment reports and narratives that share the HRL story with key stakeholders.
- Provide training and consultative services to residential learning staff members on assessment practice.
- Design, implement, and evaluate learning centers in our residence halls.
- Champion and support the development of a division-wide curriculum and/or serve as a resource for intentional learning experience development beyond Residential Life.
- Serve as a liaison to other offices including but not limited to Institutional Research, University College, Career Center, and Teacher’s College. Represent the department on a variety of departmental, divisional, and university-wide committees.
- Chair a variety of departmental committees.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director for Residential Learning on the development and implementation of materials on Roompact and other housing management systems.
- Serve as a member of the HRL Leadership team.
- Serve on the central leadership on-call duty rotation.
- Train, supervise, evaluate, and provide ongoing professional development to support graduate staff members. Ensure the execution of their responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.