Open Rank-Clinical Faculty in Neurology Vascular
ID: 7197733 (Ref.No. ej-4832297)
Posted: December 1, 2023
Open Rank-Clinical Faculty in Neurology Vascular
Job ID: 266123
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job ID 266123
Position # 21003653
The Department of Neurology Vascular, in the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, is seeking to recruit a full-time faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. The successful candidate will develop a robust clinical practice and will function as part of a treatment team of physicians, APPs, and nurses in the Department of Neurology. This position does not require sufficient teaching, research, or service to be on a tenure track.
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is a thriving academic medical center that in the past decade has logged a 48 percent increase in student applications, a 25 percent increase in student enrollment, and a 146 percent increase in sponsored research. The Augusta University main campus is located in Augusta, Georgia's second largest city. The city was recently ranked the second most favorable place to live in the State of Georgia. It is a growing and thriving city with a metropolitan-area population of around 400,000.
This position consists of approximately 90% clinical services with the remaining 10% devoted to teaching, service, scholarship, and other clinical endeavors through the Department of Neurology. The duties include but are not limited to:
Patient Care (Clinical):
- Provide solid care in the field of neurology with a focus on Vascular.
- Participate in clinical outreach activities outside
- of Augusta and cover other practice sites as required by the division. You will be expected to participate in marketing and outreach activities which may include short trips to meet with referring physicians, groups or hospitals.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to residents and medical students.
- Generate 4640 work RVUs for neurology faculty as reported by the Faculty Practice Solution Center and adjusted for your assigned clinical effort after the first full year of employment.
- Participate actively in the teaching activities in the Dept. of Neurology including mentoring and advising medical students, residents and fellows and attendance to faculty meetings.
- Develop nationally and internationally recognized scholarly activities including original scientific reports in high impact peer reviewed publications.
- Maintain appropriate professional memberships that are pertinent to neurology and presentation at medical neurology meetings.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Give didactic lectures to the residents / fellows.
- Teach residents/fellows in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Participate actively in the teaching activities in the Department of Neurology including mentoring and advising of medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Participate in the Department of Neurology educational conferences and activities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
MD or equivalent and completion of an accredited neurology residency program. Board Eligible/Board Certified
Assistant Professor- Early level career as a faculty member with appropriate post graduate training
Associate Professor- Mid level career faculty member with at least five years at rank of Assistant Professor or comparable training, background, and experience.
Professor- Senior level career faculty member with at least five years at the rank of Associate Professor or comparable training, background, and experience.
Required faculty employment qualifications for all USG institutions and all academic ranks within these institutions shall be:
- Consistent with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)'s requirements for institutional accreditation;
- Evidence of ability as a teacher;
- Evidence of activity as a scholar and ability in all other duties assigned;
- Successful experience (which will necessarily be waived for those just entering the academic profession who meet all other requirements); and,
- Desirable personal qualities judged on the basis of personal interview, complete biographical data, and recommendations.
This position is fiscal year based and works year-round.
The intended work commitment or full-time equivalent (FTE) for this position is 1.0 and considered full-time.
Assistant Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Associate Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Professor- Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation leave, sick leave, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more!
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program.
Rank and salary are determined at the time of hire and are based on a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, education, credentials, specialty, training, etc. while also considering internal equity and market data.
Advancement through the faculty ranks at Augusta University is only through the annual Promotion and Tenure process in which faculty may apply if eligible (typically five-year increments). For more information on ranks, please review the Augusta University Promotion and Tenure Guidelines: https://www.augusta.edu/hr/faculty-support-ser/procedures/augusta_university_promotion_and_tenure_guidlines_2023final.pdf
The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation's largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG's expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America's children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Our Health Sciences Campus:
1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/#job-portals.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=266123&PostingSeq=1