Specialist, Human Resources
Highland Business Center, TX
ID: 7198636 (Ref.No. R-5275)
Posted: December 4, 2023
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Specialist, Human Resources
Job Description Summary:Depending on area of assignment, administers and maintains applicant tracking, employee files and records, employee events, or benefits programs.
- Processes documents on new, current, and former employees in Ellucian Colleague, including background checks and drug screens.
- Initiates, maintains, and updates employee files.
- Implements, tracks, and maintains database of various employee information.
- Compiles, analyzes, and generates customized reports for administrative and external sources.
- Serves as liaison and information resource for applicants, faculty, and staff; consults with others on problems; and determines final resolution or referral to appropriate party of problems and issues.
- Advises, counsels, and answers inquiries regarding human resource issues in area of responsibility.
- Conducts training sessions regarding human resource procedures, policies, and processes.
- Composes and edits correspondence and develops departmental forms.
- May represent the college at unemployment hearings and appeals, investigate and respond to unemployment claims; conduct exit interviews and/or serve as key contact for Employee Assistance Program.
- May provide backup to other human resource areas, and/or update department website.
- May plan, promote, and coordinate special employee events, programs, and participate in employee orientation.
- Administrative procedures, principles, and practices.
- Basic recruitment, employment processes, and/or payroll principles, processes, and regulations.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Electronic files, records, and data management systems.
- Maintaining an established work schedule. Peak periods may require evening and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and making effective decisions.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Two years related work experience.
- Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Certification in Human Resources such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$45,760 - $52,576
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:January 5, 2024
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.