Registered Nurse - Apheresis
ID: 7198760 (Ref.No. JR-12062)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $31.90 - $52.55 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Registered Nurse - Apheresis
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
Full Time, M-Th, 4 10's
The Apheresis Nurse will provide technically complex procedures such as apheresis, plasmapheresis etc. for peripheral blood stem cell donors and patients, practicing the Mother Standard of Care® in the stem cell transplant program. In this role, the registered nurse will operate under the direction of a licensed practitioner to perform the procedure and provide nursing care. An individualized plan of care is provided including patient assessment, performing the procedure, and evaluating patient outcomes.
- Perform complex procedures such as apheresis, plasmapheresis etc. for peripheral blood stem cell donors and patients under the direction of a licensed practitioner in the stem cell transplant program. Recognize patient conditions requiring immediate actions, initiate appropriate life-supporting interventions while communicating appropriately with physicians.
- Perform patient assessment and evaluation, and technically complex apheresis procedures, maintaining accurate documentation of patient encounters.
- Perform venipuncture and maintain peripheral access during the procedures. If central line, perform appropriate catheter care.
- Coordinate with other members of the healthcare team to facilitate a smooth patient experience
- Handles other related tasks such as quality control of equipment, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Nursing
- Active RN license in the state of Illinois
- Good IV skills and central line catheter care
- BLS certification and must be maintained while in this position
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and detail oriented.
- Ability to organize and be self-motivated
- 1-2 years of apheresis or dialysis experience
- Ultrasound guided IV insertion/Phlebotomy Experience
Pay Range$31.90 - $52.55
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $31.90 - $52.55 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.