ID: 7198905 (Ref.No. ej-4840044)
Posted: December 5, 2023
Job ID: 266234
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Augusta University -
Our Summerville Campus: 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904
The Communications Strategist for Enrollment and Student Affairs (ESA) plans, coordinates and implements internal and external ESA communications in multiple media formats to support student recruitment, retention, engagement and success. The position serves all ESA departments through developing student recruitment communications; developing innovative communications and marketing strategies using both traditional and digital media platforms; drafting outreach materials; leading and planning multiple concurrent projects; promoting on-campus experiences to current students; providing oversight, guidance and training for an internal ESA Communications Council; developing special marketing campaigns; coaching students for Commencements and See Augusta events; drafting email announcements and assisting with review of content on projects for ESA (i.e. Employee On-Boarding Manual, the Annual Report, etc.); handling the ESA Project Request Form for communication and content creation support; and other written communication for the division. The position liaisons with University Communications & Marketing for guidance on communications and marketing support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Communication Strategy and Management
Creates and coordinates communication strategies and communication plans for both prospective and current students at Augusta University across multiple communication platforms (e.g., email, Jagwire articles, publications, website, etc.)
- Leads project management for communication strategies, including coordinating and collaborating the involvement of the digital specialist.
- Organizes a communications collateral calendar.
- Serves as communications advisor for our 19 departments for communication and marketing to staff and leadership. Supports employee, student and community engagement through managing an active and high quality communication system for the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs and its service programs.
- Maintains situational awareness of the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs' priorities by attending division and departmental meetings, receiving assignments from the vice president and/or the division's leadership team. Schedules, coordinates, and leads communication and promotional meetings.
- Coordinates involvement of project team members, as necessary.
- Creates and/or coordinates production schedules and maintains ongoing relationships with graphic designers, mail houses, printers, and photographers.
Content Development and Management
Serves as the primary point of contact for subject matter experts in the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs to draft and edit information to be delivered across multiple communication platforms.
- Identifies and writes internal stories and news items as they pertain to the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs and sends to C & M for broader dissemination (e.g. publication in Jagwire, a media release, etc.)
- Develops content to be included in standard materials delivered to students, faculty, staff, and the community. Initiates updates to existing content delivered in the various outlets.
- Serves as first point of contact for reviewing/editing content from C & M (such as media releases and content for Jagwire, university magazines, etc.)
- Maintains knowledge of university message map and key brand differentiators.
Communications Liaison between the Division and the University
- Coordinates collaborative communication efforts with departments across campus.
- Collaborates with C & M, serving as a point of contact for Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs projects and initiatives that need support from C & M. Assists C & M in the coordination and execution of media relations efforts for selected events or activities.
- Partners with Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement by providing content for annual giving campaigns.
- Manages content development (see above) and dissemination of printed publications for education, development, and administration purposes (such as newsletters, exhibition and event postcards, etc.)
- Supports the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for organizational initiatives.
- Meets content deadlines based on production schedules from the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs and C&M.
- Negotiates with print vendors and sees publications through to fulfillment.
- Collaborates with the digital specialist and the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs web publisher(s) to keep content fresh.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned to support the unit.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in related field and a minimum of three years of directly related communication/marketing experience.
Previous higher education experience preferred. Ideal candidates will have experience writing for a wide variety of formats and demonstrate professionalism and strategic thinking in all areas of practice.
Proficiency with the following areas/resources:
- Automated email marketing platform
- Web Content management system
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Products (InDesign & Photoshop)
Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the following policies and resources:
- Augusta University Communication and Marketing Policies
- Augusta University Web Governance
- Augusta University Brand Guidelines
- Augusta University Expert Database
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
The Communication Strategist must have creative writing skills and can convey a narrative about Augusta University that resonates with college age students. They should be an out of the box thinker that enjoys creative dialogue and can convey meaning and purpose in an easily consumable message. The right candidate must be organized with time-management and multi-tasking skills, be able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines, and be able to manage multiple projects.
The Communication Strategist for the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs should be able to use standard tools of the trade approved and endorsed by the Communications & Marketing. Knowledge of general office procedures. Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases. Demonstrated creativity and innovation. Excellent organization, prioritization skills. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, work independently, and exercise sound judgement. High degree of professionalism, work well under pressure and manage deadlines. Detail-oriented.
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Pay Grade: 15
Salary Minimum: $38,913 - Midpoint: $52,533
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/ Search Job Opening ID: 266234
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=266234&PostingSeq=1