Senior Financial Analyst
Posted: December 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Senior Financial Analyst
Coastal Carolina University is currently accepting applications for the following position: Senior Financial Analyst in the Department of Finance and Administration.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Assists AVP of Budget and Financial Planning with development and implementation of the university’s general fund and all funds budget.
· Provides technical assistance and guidance to university stakeholders in carrying out their delegated responsibilities related to budget management.
· Assists AVP of Budget and Financial Planning with the financial data analysis, creating financial models to support organizational decision making and developing financial plans and reports for university leadership.
· Assists AVP of Budget and Financial Planning in preparing financial reports and presentations for the Board of Trustees meetings.
· Independently prepares journal entries and budget adjustments to record accounting transactions.
· Serves as a backup for maintaining a current record of the University’s Chart of Accounts, granting access to GL roles, maintaining general ledger accounts security access, pooling of expense codes to umbrella accounts.
· Monitors and evaluates program performance and performs fiscal analysis to identify fiscal and/or administrative issues and challenges and assists in developing effective solutions.
· Develops non-FTE personnel budgets, such as temporary workers, time-limited workers, temporary faculty and student workers budgets.
· Reviews and approves all non-FTE staff positions and hiring proposals in PeopleAdmin.
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business and related financial experience are required. Work experience in the Higher Education settings is preferred. Work experience with Datatel, Informer and Synoptix is also preferred.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, just nine miles from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 49 states and 55 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate and master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in instructional technology, and PhD degrees in marine science: coastal and marine systems science and education sciences.
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
How to apply: Interested applicants may apply on-line at https://jobs.coastal.edu/postings/22086. Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and reference list. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.
Accountant/ Fiscal Analyst III (AD25/61121787/FTE-S00952P), full-time position with benefits. SC State Pay Band: 06. Salary range: $45,530.00 (minimum) – $64,885.00 (midpoint). Normal work hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Friday, 8:00am to 12:30pm. Must be flexible to meet the special scheduling needs of the university.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business and related financial experience.
Work experience in the Higher Education settings is preferred. Work experience with Datatel, Informer and Synoptix.
Licensure and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and ability to multi-task.Knowledge of the principles, practices and theories of accounting, auditing, banking, budgeting or financial management. Knowledge of state governmental fiscal and budgetary processes. Knowledge of office management and organizational concepts. Ability to work with numbers and detailed information accurately.